Working // New Film Page
Film projects from Beggar Kings, including "Unbound," directed by Maggie Mahrt, for the AFI Directing Workshop for Women (American Film Institute DWW) and "The Badlands Girl," directed by Evan Kelman
Film is in our DNA.
UNBOUND // Sci-fi
THE BADLANDS GIRL // Western
UNBOUND takes place in turn-of-the-century Japan, where a young girl sacrifices her freedom in order to save her ailing father by becoming a factory worker. Surrounded by fear and foes, she is soon entangled in an unexpected metamorphosis as she transforms into a silkworm.
For Unbound, the Writer / Director, Maggie Mahrt, adapted “Reeling for the Empire” from Karen Russell’s New York Times Bestseller, Vampires in the Lemon Grove. Unbound is Maggie's is part of her participation in the American Film Institute Directing Workshop for Women (AFI DWW).
- Kitsune - Emily Sansiri (High Expectasians)
- Young Kitsune - Miya Cech (American Horror Story, Darkest Minds)
- Dai - Gina Hiraizumi (Castle)
- Chiyo - Pamela Chan (Glee)
- Nishi - Atsuko Okatsuka (Littlerock)
- Agent - Brian Carroll (The Last Show)
- Yuna - Rina Hoshino (Archer)
- Hoshi - Monique Kim (Girlboss, High Expectasians)
- Father - Yuji Hasegawa (Survival)
- Director - Maggie Mahrt
- Producer - RD Delgado
- Executive Producer - David Greenwalt
- Cinematographer - Jen Schneider
- Editor - Sarah Peczek
- Production Designer - Bill Boes
- Costume Designer - Kate Crowley
- Music - Peter G. Adams